[selinux-aktiva] Myndigheters websidor borde fungera i Mozilla/Firefox

Cristian Ionescu-Idbohrn cii at se.linux.org
Sat Aug 27 14:49:09 CEST 2005

On Sat, 27 Aug 2005, Jeremiah Foster wrote:

> On Aug 27, 2005, at 10:36 AM, Cristian Ionescu-Idbohrn wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 27 Aug 2005, Kenneth Ekdahl wrote:
> >
> > > www.statskontoret.se verkar ha linux utåt,
> > > precis som www.regeringen.se.
> >
> > Ok. De bara försöker 'förvirra fienden' ;-) genom att slänga tillbaka
> > http-headers som:
> >
> > < Header:       Date(Sat, 27 Aug 2005 08:24:48 GMT)
> > < Header:       Server(Microsoft-IIS/6.0)
> > < Header:       Title(Startsida - www.statskontoret.se)
> > < Header:       X-AspNet-Version(1.1.4322)
> > < Header:       X-Powered-By(ASP.NET)
>
> Headers are easily forged and should not be relied on to identify a
> particular machine's operating system or software.

Of course. I can't be sure to what extent a swedish state institution is
prepared to go to fool the citizens into believing publishers realy use
what they advertize ;-)

> Seeing that the machine is hosted at Song's co-location facility, there
> are probably some competent administrators taking care of this machine.

Right. But in this case, why in the world would they want to advertize
that software for? To get more troubles from script-kidies trying to find
some amusement?

> If you assume that it is running junky proprietary software or shiny
> linux, you are only guessing.

Yes, I am.

Cheers,
Cristian

--
Debian GNU/Linux: satisfaction guaranteed, or double your money back.