[diskussion] Microsoft sues TomTom over FAT patents

Jeremiah Foster jeremiah at jeremiahfoster.com
Mon Mars 16 13:38:22 CET 2009

On Mar 16, 2009, at 1:33 PM, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

>  Personally I wonder how mr Allison can now about
> how all companies have done...

I agree, there is reason to be skeptical. However, Allison was privy
to information that was most likely secret during the EU judicial
action against Microsoft and has seen things that we have not. He also
implements the main way to access disks using the Microsoft protocols,
so he certainly reads a lot of code and bug reports from companies
that have signed agreements with Microsoft. I think he may in an
excellent position to know who is violating the GPL.

Jeremiah